Pages

Thursday 4 July 2013

Sixth Form lead the life of bon viveurs in Paris



I had been to France before but I had never been to Paris. It was a very new experience for me. Paris was definitely one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited. The view from the Trocadero was one of the most breathtakingly stunning moments not just for me but for everybody. The shocked gasp that we all gave in sync told it all.
We left on Monday morning an early start for all of us arriving in school for 6:00am. The journey on the Eurostar was smooth and we arrived in no time. The search for the hotel was funny because we went in the completely wrong direction to where it was but luckily we corrected ourselves and checked into the Vintage Hostel, which was only a 5 minute walk from the Gare du Nord.
After putting our luggage away we started the sightseeing. The first sight we visited was the Louvre. This had to be one of my favourite moments. There were so many movies that I associated with this Art Gallery making it even more spectacular for me. After touring round the Louvre, visiting the famed Mona Lisa, we made our way to Notre Dame, making sure to taste a few crepes and macaroons along the way.
The second day was the one that possibly we had all been waiting for. The Eiffel Tower and shopping! We walked down to the Eiffel Tower after taking group photos in front of it. We then went on a boat trip taking in all the monuments. Then came the moment we had all been waiting for McDonalds and shopping on the Champs Elysee! After shopping on this street I believe no other street, Oxford Street nor can 5th Avenue compare. I could not have felt more glamorous.
I must say the food in Paris is exquisite satisfying all taste buds. The restaurants and cafĂ©’s we ate at were dear and perfect, and on the last day we made sure to stuff as many crepe’s into our mouths as possible! But that is not all. We walked to the Sacre Coeur which you could either walk or take the lift to get up to the top. The inside of it was definitely beautiful and I gave myself something to remember it by buying a ring from the gift shop. Montmartre was a quaint little town where we could buy souvenirs for the family and little gifts for ourselves.
I appreciate the school’s effort to give us a cultural experience such as this and I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I encourage other girls to take this opportunity if they have the chance to. It opens your eyes into a new part of the world.
D’Nelle Shambler (Year 12)